Web Programming Internship
About the Job
We need an intern who…
- Has some experience in web development (academic or professional)
- Understands the basics of networking and how the internet works
- Create HTML/CSS markup
- Work in the Laravel framework
- Connect APIs
- Work in an existing codebase
- Write good documentation
… improvements need to be made to our internal portal to help our team be more productive.
About Bureau Gravity
Bureau Gravity is a creative communications and marketing firm that uses the methods of traditional journalism – curiosity, discovery and storytelling craft – to help businesses and nonprofit organizations build engaged and lasting relationships with their audiences.
Our creative team includes photographers and videographers, designers, web developers, social media managers, business and content strategists and creative directors with a variety of background and interdisciplinary experiences. Our home office is in downtown Aurora, Illinois, but we have contributing team members across the country.
There are at least three core values baked into our work culture. If you share these values, you’ll probably be happy here. If you don’t, you won’t.
- No settling. We like to push the envelope – and ourselves – a little bit creatively, and we’re always looking for ways to improve the quality of our work and the experience of our clients.
- Team approach. Much creative work happens in small groups and one-on-one conversations. The first idea is rarely the best. Expect to challenge and be challenged.
- Client first. Our process starts and ends with our clients’ needs and goals. That means your own creative instincts are important – but it’s the audience that ultimately matters.